Test the app
Your app is taking shape, and now it's time to ensure it functions seamlessly. In this section, we'll explore the vital step of testing your app. Learn how to test its various functionalities and features, identify potential issues, and ensure a smooth user experience.
Testing is the linchpin of app development, ensuring your creation is reliable and user-friendly. By the end of this section, you'll have the confidence that your app is ready to deliver exceptional results. Let's put it to the test and make sure it shines!
Steps to test your appNote:
To test this app, you need to have an active Bitly API Key. If you do not have one already, you can create the same from here
Navigate to Freddy Copilot for Developers extension,
- Click on Run App, it should start successfully
- Fix the errors if it results in app startup failure
- Run the app again
Navigate to the custom config page, enter the Bitly API Key, and click Install
Navigate to ticket details page of your Freshdesk instance and append "dev=true" in the URI query param ?dev=true or &dev=true as applicable
The app should be visible under ticket sidebar with the folder name used at the time of app creation
Enter the long URL to be shortened, and click submit.
The response should contain the shortned URL, verify if it is accurate by navigating to it.
- No action on button click
- Validate your HTML element binding in app.js and index.html
- Check for button action invocation of SMI visible under Network tab as dprouter API call http://localhost:10001/dprouter?product=freshdesk
- Check for errors failures in the console
- API Invocation failed with Error 4xx - Error in SMI
- For error 429: Verify if your API limit is breached, if yes try again by setting a different API key via installation page.
- For error 401: Verify your API key, if it is valid
- For error 404: Verify if you are invoking right endpoint via request method. ie., POST https://api-ssl.bitly.com/v4/shorten
- Data is shown as [Object, Object]: Check dprouter API call response, adjust the print/innerHTML statements accordingly
Deploy the app to Freshworks
Congratulations, your app is ready to shine! In this pivotal section, we'll guide you through the process of packaging, publishing, and deploying your creation. We'll cover essential steps, including packaging your app for testing, deploying it to the Freshworks AMP (App Marketplace), and conducting comprehensive tests to ensure it's ready for prime time.
Steps to deploy your app
- Click on "Freddy Copilot for Developers" plugin from the app directory
- At the bottom you shall see an option to "Pack and Publish", click the same.
- You shall be prompted with option to publish an "New App" or "Existing App"
- Select the New App option, fill in the necessary details on the app upload form.
- Once complete, click on "Submit" to publish the app to the Product account
- Navigate to the Developer Account, verify if a new app entry is created with given app name and description.
- From Product account, navigate to the "Neo Marketplace > Marketplace Apps". Navigate to "Manage Apps"
- Once opened, navigate to "In Development" section
- Install the app using Bitly API Key used in earlier section.
- Navigate to the Ticket Details page and append "dev=true" in the URL.
- Verify the app behaviour to ensure proper app execution